Dover & D.C.
Learn here, and engage in, what’s happening on the policy front. Eye the bills CDS is tracking in the Legislature and in Congress.
- No Insurance Discrimination Based on Genetics • S.B. 144Would significantly limit use of genetic testing data in purchasing non-health insurance
- Expanded Access to Medical Marijuana • S.S. 1 for S.B. 24 w/ S.A. 1 & S.B. 59
Would expand medical marijuana prescribing and qualifying limitations
- Medicaid Dental Coverage for Adults • S.S. 1 for S.B. 92Enables adults receiving Medicaid assistance to access affordable dental care
- End of Life Options Act • H.B. 140Would legalize physician-assisted suicide and create avenues for informed consent
- Limited Guardianship • H.S. 1 for H.B. 123Alters procedures for choosing representative payees and guardians
- Training Centers on Complex Communication Supports • S. 1836Would fund national resource centers for alternative and augmentative communication
- Autism CARES Act • H.R. 1058
Would fund developmental disabilities research and training across the lifespan
- Disability Employment Incentive Act • S. 255Would offer tax benefits for disability hiring
- Changing minimum and subminimum wage • H.R. 582 & S. 150; H.R. 873 & S. 260Would stop employers from paying employees with disabilities a subminimum wage
- Disability Integration Act • H.R. 555 & S. 117Would make receiving home- and community-based care a civil right for people with disabilities