Every year, CDS produces research that’s evaluated by experts, published in scholarly journals and tapped to make improvements in the community. Recent peer-reviewed research from CDS has addressed communication interventions and assessments, collaborations across the lifespan among families of students with disabilities, and differences in reinforcements employed in American, Chinese and Japanese schools.
Access our published research below.
- Bear, G. G., Yang, C., Chen, D., He, X., Xie, J., & Huang, X. (in press) Students’ perceptions of school climate in the U.S. and China School Psychology Quarterly.
- Xie, J., Qin, F., Yang, C., & Bear, G. G. (in press) Reliability and validity of the Chinese version of the Delaware Student Engagement Scale-Student Chinese Journal of Clinical Psychology (in Chinese). Journal of East China Normal University Education Sciences.
- Yang, C., Bear, G. G., & May, H. (in press) The association between social-emotional learning approach and student engagement across elementary, middle, and high schools School Psychology Review.
- McDermott, Suzanne, Royer, Julie, Cope, Tara, Lindgren, Scott, Momany, Elizabeth, Lee, Jae Chul, McDuffie, Mary Joan, Lauer, Emily, Kurtz, Stephen & Armour, Brian S. (2018) Using Medicaid data to characterize persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities in five U.S. states American Journal on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, 123(4), 371–381. doi:10.1352/1944-7558-123.4.371
- Bear, G. G., Harris, A. B., Lisboa, C., & Holst, B. (2018) Perceptions of engagement and school climate: Differences between once-retained and multiple-retained students in Brazil International Journal of School and Educational Psychology, Advance online publication.
- Haakonsen-Smith, C., Turbitt, E., Muschelli, J., Leonard, L., Lewis, K., Freedman, B., Muratori, M., & Biesecker, B. (2018) Feasibility of coping effectiveness training for caregivers of children with autism spectrum disorder: A genetic counseling intervention Journal of Genetic Counseling, 27(1), 252-262.
- Mantz, L. S., Bear, G. G., Yang, C., & Harris, A. B. (2018) The Delaware Social-Emotional Competency Scale (DSECS-S): Evidence of validity and reliability Child Indicators Research, 11(1), 137-157.
- Bear, G. G., Slaughter, J., Mantz, L., & Farley-Ripple, L. (2017) Rewards, praise, and punitive consequences: relations with intrinsic and extrinsic motivation Teaching and Teacher Education, 65, 10-20.
- Bear, G. G., Yang, C., Mantz, L. S., & Harris, A. B. (2017) School-wide practices associated with school climate in elementary, middle, and high schools Teaching and Teacher Education, 63, 372-383.
- Jensen, K. A. & Minke, K. M. (2017) Engaging families at the secondary level: An underused resource for student success School Community Journal, 27(2), 167-192.
- Papas, M. A., Stolz, N., Orsega-Smith, E. A., Sparling, E., & Freedman, B. (2017) The importance of inclusion for cardiovascular health promotion programs in Delaware Health Promotion Practice, Advance online publication.
- Xie, J., Xiao, S., Yang, C., & Bear, G. G. (2017) A comparative study of perceptions of school climate in Chinese and American adolescents Chinese Journal of Clinical Psychology (in Chinese), 25(4), 714-718.