Dover & D.C.
Learn here, and engage in, what’s happening on the policy front. Eye the bills CDS is tracking in the Legislature and in Congress.
• • •
- S.B. 228 Prescription Drug Payment Assistance Program (Signed into Law)Restores the program that covers medication costs for the elderly and people with disabilities
- H.S. 1 for H.B. 104 Michael McNesby Full Funding for Adults with I/DD Act (Signed into Law)Will increase state funding rate for care providers for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- H.S. 1 for H.B. 344 Court Can Mandate Inmate IEPsWould allow courts to order inmates to complete their IEPs
- H.S. 1 for H.B. 346 Loan Forgiveness for Educators in High Need Areas (Signed into Law)Offer up to $10,000 in student loan repayments to educators working in short-staffed areas such as special education
- S.S. 1 for S.B. 85 Reducing Out-of-School Suspensions (Signed into Law)Seeks to reduce out-of-school suspensions, especially among racial minorities and students with disabilities
• • •
- H.R. 2 (S. 3042) No New Work Requirements for Food Stamps (Signed into Law)Funds the nutrition program without imposing strict employment requirements
- S. 2415 Accelerating Kids’ Access to Care ActWould streamline Medicaid process of obtaining health care and medical devices from out of state
- S. 2227 (H.R. 5306) EMPOWER Care ActWould fund Money Follows the Person, a Medicaid program supporting community integration, for five years
- H.R. 2535 (S. 1188) Lifespan Respite Care Reauthorization ActWould infuse money into state programs providing temporary relief for family caregivers
- S. 989 (H.R. 3767) Bringing Pediatric Subspecialists to Medically Underserved AreasPediatric subspecialists who agree to work in underserved areas could receive financial help on student loans