Every year, CDS produces research that’s evaluated by experts, published in scholarly journals and tapped to make improvements in the community. Recent peer-reviewed research from CDS has addressed communication interventions and assessments, collaborations across the lifespan among families of students with disabilities, and differences in reinforcements employed in American, Chinese and Japanese schools.
Access our published research below.
- Bear, G. G., Blank, J., Chen, F. F., Huang, X., Yang, C., Zhang, W. (2013) Students’ perceptions of school climate in the U.S. and China School Psychology Quarterly, 28(1), 7-24.
- Vasa, R. A., Kalb, L. G., Mazurek, M. O., Kanne, S. M., Freedman, B., Keefer, A., Clemons, T., Murray, D. (2013) Age-related differences in the prevalence and correlates of anxiety in youth with autism spectrum disorders Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders, 7(11), 1358-1369.
- Mazurek, M. O., Vasa, R. A., Kalb, L. G., Kanne, S. M., Rosenberg, D., Keefer, A., Murray, D., Freedman, B., Lowery, L. A. (2013) Anxiety, sensory over-responsivity, and gastrointestinal problems in children with autism spectrum disorders Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology, 41(1), 165-176. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10802-012-9668-x
- Kanne, S. M., Mazurek, M. O., Sikora, D., Bellando, J., Branum-Martin, L., Handen, B., Katz, T., Freedman, B., Powell, M. P., Warren, Z. (2013) The Autism Impact Measure (AIM): Initial development of a new tool for treatment outcome measurement Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 44(1). doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10803-013-1862-3
- Horner-Johnson, W., Dobbertin, K., Lee, J. C., Andresen, E. M. (2013) Disparities in chronic conditions and health status by type of disability Journal of Disability and Health, 6(4), 280-286.
- Eisenman, L. T., Gamel-McCormick, M., Curran, A., McCulley, R., Moritz, M., Musheno, K. (2013) Disability around the world: Study abroad in diverse cultural contexts Review of Disability Studies, 9(4), 5-18.
- Eisenman, L. T., Farley-Ripple, E., Culnane, M., Freedman, B. (2013) Rethinking social network assessment for students with intellectual disabilities (ID) in postsecondary education. Journal of Postsecondary Education and Disability, 26(4), 367-384.
- Bear, G. G. (2013) Teacher resistance to frequent rewards and praise: Lack of skill or a wise decision? Journal of Educational and Psychological Consultation, 23(4), 318-340.
- Pollard, C., Barry, C., Freedman, B., Kotchick, E. (2012) Relationship quality as a moderator of anxiety in siblings of children diagnosed with autism spectrum disorders or Down Syndrome Journal of Child and Family Studies, 22(5), 647-657. doi: 10.1007/s10826-012-9618-9
- Kalb, L. G., Freedman, B., Foster, C., Menon, D., Landa, R., Kishfy, L., Law, P. (2012) Determinants of appointment absenteeism at an outpatient pediatric autism clinic Journal of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics, 33(9), 685-697. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/DBP.0b013e31826c66ef
- Kalb, L. G., Stuart, E. A., Freedman, B., Zablotsky, B., Vasa, R. (2012) Psychiatric-related emergency department visits among children with an autism spectrum disorder Pediatric Emergency Care, 28(12), 1269-1276. doi: 10.1097/PEC.0b013e3182767d96
- Bear, G. G. (2012) Both suspension and alternatives work, depending on one’s aim Journal of School Violence, 11(2), 174-186.
- Manning, M. A., Bear, G. G. (2011) Moral reasoning and aggressive behavior: Concurrent and longitudinal relations Journal of School Violence, 10(3), 258-280. doi: doi:10.1080/15388220.2011.579235
- Eisenman, L. T., Pleet-Odle, A. M., Wandry, D. (2011) Voices of special education teachers in an inclusive high school: Redefining responsibilities Remedial and Special Education, 32(2), 91-104. doi: doi:10.1177/0741932510361248
- Bear, G. G., Gaskins, C., Blank, J., Chen, F. F. (2011) Delaware School Climate Survey – Student: its factor structure, concurrent validity, and reliability Journal of School Psychology, 49(2), 157-174.