Every year, CDS produces research that’s evaluated by experts, published in scholarly journals and tapped to make improvements in the community. Recent peer-reviewed research from CDS has addressed communication interventions and assessments, collaborations across the lifespan among families of students with disabilities, and differences in reinforcements employed in American, Chinese and Japanese schools.
Access our published research below.
- Pollard, C., Barry, C., Freedman, B., Kotchick, E. (2012) Relationship quality as a moderator of anxiety in siblings of children diagnosed with autism spectrum disorders or Down Syndrome Journal of Child and Family Studies, 22(5), 647-657. doi: 10.1007/s10826-012-9618-9
- Kalb, L. G., Freedman, B., Foster, C., Menon, D., Landa, R., Kishfy, L., Law, P. (2012) Determinants of appointment absenteeism at an outpatient pediatric autism clinic Journal of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics, 33(9), 685-697. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/DBP.0b013e31826c66ef
- Kalb, L. G., Stuart, E. A., Freedman, B., Zablotsky, B., Vasa, R. (2012) Psychiatric-related emergency department visits among children with an autism spectrum disorder Pediatric Emergency Care, 28(12), 1269-1276. doi: 10.1097/PEC.0b013e3182767d96
- Bear, G. G. (2012) Both suspension and alternatives work, depending on one’s aim Journal of School Violence, 11(2), 174-186.
- Manning, M. A., Bear, G. G. (2011) Moral reasoning and aggressive behavior: Concurrent and longitudinal relations Journal of School Violence, 10(3), 258-280. doi: doi:10.1080/15388220.2011.579235
- Eisenman, L. T., Pleet-Odle, A. M., Wandry, D. (2011) Voices of special education teachers in an inclusive high school: Redefining responsibilities Remedial and Special Education, 32(2), 91-104. doi: doi:10.1177/0741932510361248
- Bear, G. G., Gaskins, C., Blank, J., Chen, F. F. (2011) Delaware School Climate Survey – Student: its factor structure, concurrent validity, and reliability Journal of School Psychology, 49(2), 157-174.
- Snell, M., Brady, N., McLean, L., Ogletree, B. T., Siegel, E., Sylvester, L., Mineo, B., Paul, D., Romski, M. A., Sevcik, R. (2010) Twenty years of communication intervention research with individuals who have severe intellectual and developmental disabilities. American Journal on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, 115(5), 364-380.
- Osher, D., Bear, G. G., Sprague, J. R., Doyle, W. (2010) How can we improve school discipline? Educational Researcher, 39(1), 48-58. doi: 10.3102/0013189X09357618
- Minke, K. M. (2010) Helping teachers develop productive working relationships with families: The CORE model of family-school collaboration International Journal for School-Based Family Counseling, 2, 1-13.
- Ferretti, R., Eisenman, L. T. (2010) Delivering educational services that meet the needs of all students: Commentary Exceptional Children, 76(3), 378-383.
- Eisenman, L. T., Ferretti, R. (2010) Introduction to the special issue: Changing conceptions of special education Exceptional Children, 76(3), 262-264.