Every year, CDS produces research that’s evaluated by experts, published in scholarly journals and tapped to make improvements in the community. Recent peer-reviewed research from CDS has addressed communication interventions and assessments, collaborations across the lifespan among families of students with disabilities, and differences in reinforcements employed in American, Chinese and Japanese schools.
Access our published research below.
- Snell, M., Brady, N., McLean, L., Ogletree, B. T., Siegel, E., Sylvester, L., Mineo, B., Paul, D., Romski, M. A., Sevcik, R. (2010) Twenty years of communication intervention research with individuals who have severe intellectual and developmental disabilities. American Journal on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, 115(5), 364-380.
- Osher, D., Bear, G. G., Sprague, J. R., Doyle, W. (2010) How can we improve school discipline? Educational Researcher, 39(1), 48-58. doi:10.3102/0013189X09357618
- Minke, K. M. (2010) Helping teachers develop productive working relationships with families: The CORE model of family-school collaboration International Journal for School-Based Family Counseling, 2, 1-13.
- Ferretti, R., Eisenman, L. T. (2010) Delivering educational services that meet the needs of all students: Commentary Exceptional Children, 76(3), 378-383.
- Eisenman, L. T., Ferretti, R. (2010) Introduction to the special issue: Changing conceptions of special education Exceptional Children, 76(3), 262-264.
- Schultz, D., Izard, C. E., Stapleton, L. M., Buckingham-Howes, S., Bear, G. G. (2009) Children’s social status as a function of emotionality and attention control Journal of Applied Developmental Psychology, 30(2), 169-181.
- Mineo, B., Ziegler, W., Gill, S., Salkin, D. (2009) Engagement with electronic screen media among students with autism spectrum disorders Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 39(1), 172-187.
- Eisenman, L. T., Tanverdi, A., Perrington, C., Geiman, A. (2009) Secondary and postsecondary community activities of youth with significant intellectual disabilities Education and Training in Developmental Disabilities, 44(2), 168-176.
- Bear, G. G., Uribe-Zarain, X., Manning, M. A., Shiomi, K. (2009) Shame, guilt, blaming, and anger: difference between children in Japan and the U.S. Motivation and Emotion, 33, 229-238.
- Mineo, B., Peischl, D., Pennington, C. (2008) Moving targets: The effect of animation on identification of action word representations. Augmentative and Alternative Communication, 24(2), 162-173.