CDS scholars author books and book chapters each year that span the disability field. Recent offerings have focused on diversity and disclosure on college campuses, social and emotional learning, and communication interventions for individuals with severe disabilities. Explore them, and others, below.
Access our published books and book chapters below.
- Wilkinson, K. M., Mineo, B., Paul, D., & Regiec, C. (2016). State of the evidence: Research design and measurement issues In R. Sevcik and M. A. Romski (Eds.), Communication interventions for individuals with severe disabilities. (pp. 313-324) Baltimore, MD: Brookes Publishing Co.
- Freedman, B., Eisenman, L. T., Cowin, C., & Roy, S. (2016). Post-school In V. McGinley & M. Alexander (Eds.), Parents and families of students with special needs: Collaborating across the age span. (pp. 246-275) Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publishing.
- Skalski, A. K., Minke, K. M., Rossen, E., Cowan, K. C., Kelly, J., Armistead, R., Smith, A. (2015). NASP practice model implementation guide. Bethesda, MD: National Association of School Psychologists.
- Bear, G. G., Whitcomb, S., Elias, M., & Blank, J. (2015). SEL and schoolwide positive behavioral interventions and supports In J. Durlak, T. Gullotta, C. Domitrovich, P. Goren, & R. Weissberg (Eds.), Handbook of social and emotional learning. (pp. 453-467) New York: Guilford Press.
- Bear, G. G. (2015). Preventive classroom management In E. T. Emmer & E. J. Sabornie (Eds.), Handbook of classroom management (2nd edition). (pp. 15-39) New York: Routledge.
- Stuart, S. & Mineo, B. (2014). Communication devices In M. Selzer et al. (Eds.), Textbook of neural repair and rehabilitation - volume II: Medical neurorehabilitation. () Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Minke, K. M. & Jensen, K. A. (2014). Best practices in facilitating family-school meetings In A. Thomas & P. Harrison (Eds.), Best practices in school psychology – Systems level services. (pp. 505-518) Bethesda, MD: National Association of School Psychologists.
- Campbell, P. H. & Milbourne, S. A. (2014). Together is Better: Environmental Teaching Practices to Support All Children’s Learning Young exceptional children (YEC) monograph series, 16: Blending practices for all children. () Division for Early Childhood, Council for Exceptional Children.
- Bear, G. G. & Manning, M. A. (2014). Positive psychology and school discipline In R. Gilman, E. S. Huebner, & M. Furlong (Eds.), Handbook of positive psychology in schools (2nd edition). (pp. 347-364) New York: Routledge/Taylor & Francis.
- Bear, G. G. & Manning, M. A. (2014). Best practices in classroom discipline In P. L. Harrison & A. Thomas (Eds.), Best practices in school psychology: Student-level services. (pp. 251-268) Bethesda, MD: National Association of School Psychologists.