Coach a UD Student w/ ID — Newark, Del.
Coach a UD Student w/ ID -- Newark, Del.Posted August 25, 2021 3:57 pm
Earn $12 an hour, up to 28 hours per week, helping coach a UD student with intellectual disabilities as the student pursues academic, interpersonal, career and independent living goals.
The Career and Life Studies Certificate (CLSC), an inclusive higher education program for students with Intellectual Disabilities at the University of Delaware. CLSC offers students with intellectual disabilities academic, career and independent-living instruction that prepares them for future employment or further education. As day students or residential students living in dorms as part of UD’s mission to provide inclusive environments to a diverse student body, they participate in classes, clubs, campus events and internships, and work experiences.
CLSC is offering a part time position as a Point Coach. A Point Coach works one-to-one with a student for four hours a week as they establish goals and action plans to achieve those goals. Goals are established in the four domains of Career Exploration, Campus and Community Engagement, Academics, and Independent Living Skills. Point Coaches help students identify tools and strategies to complete their goals as well as the natural resources on campus or in the community that they can reach out to to help them achieve them.
Point Coaches meet with students for four hours per week in two two-hour sessions, which are built into the students’ schedules like a class. In addition to Point Coaching, candidates also have the opportunity serve as Teaching Assistants in the CLSC transition-based courses that students are enrolled in. A list of the details and duties are listed below.
- Hours per week: 28 hours per week. We can negotiate fewer hours if necessary.
- Pay rate: $12.00/hour
- Work with 4 students in point coaching for 4 hours per week (2 2-hour sessions).
- Complete documentation for each Point Coach meeting in line with requirements of CLSC, University of Delaware, and state agency funding resources.
- Additional opportunity to serve as a Teaching Assistant in the CLSC transition-oriented classes or Internship Coach for students working at sites on campus or in the community.
- Previous direct support for students with cognitive disabilities is preferred but not required.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.