Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS) Specialist
Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS) SpecialistPosted July 27, 2023 9:52 am
The Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS) Specialist will contribute to leading a multi-year grant funded by the U.S. Department of Education that will integrate and evaluate statewide, cross-University efforts to advance school mental health service provider recruitment, preparation, practice, and retention in high-need schools across Delaware. Concurrently, this project will target the adoption and sustained use of inclusive mental health practices and equity-focused data-based decision-making within MTSS in Delaware schools.
- Designs and delivers professional development sessions, both in-person and online.
- In coordination with LEA contact(s), provides in-person and distance coaching (via conference call/webinar) to school leaders and teams.
- Assesses teams’ and implementers’ fidelity to team and program action plans.
- Develops and uses multiple data sources to assess participant needs and tailor professional development and coaching activities appropriately.
- Uses online tools to deliver webinars and provide guidance to school staff statewide.
- Support agenda development for cadre of district coaches and attend routine cadre meetings.
- Utilizes appropriate research methods and techniques; participates in the planning, organization, coordination, and control of research projects.
- Collaborates with Project Director to design data input mechanisms for project database and recommend changes in data collection procedures.
- Prepares presentations for community and agency meetings and participates in related state Department of Education and community meetings.
- Interfaces with investigators of other institutions or agencies involved in similar or related projects and other duties as assigned.