Instructional Coach, School-Age Unit
OPPORTUNITIES AT CDS
Instructional Coach, School-Age UnitPosted February 21, 2023 2:44 pm
The Instructional Coach will serve as a consultant to teachers, providing content-based instruction that is modified for students with significant intellectual disabilities, and implementing instructional strategies for students with high incidence disabilities.
- Designs and delivers professional development sessions.
- Provides school-based coaching, and assess teachers’ fidelity to curriculum and project goals.
- Design and implement in-service training on best-practice research.
- Provide in-person and distance coaching (via conference call/webinar) to educators.
- Develop and use multiple data sources to assess participant needs and tailor PD and coaching appropriately.
- Use on-line tools and webinars to deliver professional development and provide guidance to school staff statewide.
- Plan and implement district cadre meetings and regularly collaborate with district and school leaders.
- Oversee graduate and undergraduate assistants in preparation of teacher materials and reports.
- Utilize appropriate research methods and techniques; participate in the planning, organization, coordination, and control of research projects.
- Collaborate with Program Manager to design data input mechanisms for project database and recommend changes in data collection procedures.
- Prepare presentations for community and agency meetings and participate in related state Department of Education and stakeholder meetings.
- Interface with investigators of other institutions or agencies involved in similar or related projects and other duties as assigned.